I found this recipe for Chicken & Edamame with Orange-Ginger Dressing and it looked pretty good. I didn’t like the orange-ginger sauce, and I’m not sure if it’s because we accidentally bought a blood orange or because I just don’t like the orange-ginger sauce. Mine was not as pretty as the pictures in the recipe, and I also forgot the cilantro. I would eat this same combination again, but would replace the orange-ginger sauce with something else.
- 1/4 cup orange juice (squeeze from 1/2 an orange)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked as desired and sliced/diced
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 small avocado, sliced
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- 1 cup brown rice
- Cook brown rice and chicken.
- Combine orange juice, lime juice, canola oil, ginger, and salt.
- Combine chicken, rice, edamame, and red bell pepper. Toss with orange-ginger dressing.
- Pour mixture over rice, add chicken mixture, garnish with cilantro and avocado.