Before tonight, I had never eaten a black bean burger before. I like veggie burgers and I like black beans, so I figured I would like them. I found (and slightly adapted) this recipe on AllRecipes and gave it a try. These are quick and easy to make. I would try these again, but I would use less cumin (not my favorite spice), and add salt. I forgot about the garlic, but I will absolutely add it the next time.
Sorry about the blurry picture. Served with broccoli, per usual. I ate the burger with American cheese, but I removed a slice from the other half of the burger for a better idea of what the burgers look like.
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Add onions and green peppers to food processor, pulse until well-minced.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until well-blended.
- Form into 4-6 patties. Bake on greased tray at 375 F for 10 minutes on each side