A few friends are joining me tonight for a belated birthday celebration. I’m not sure which is more excited, the copious amount of cheese that we’re serving (a staple at any party we host), or the magic bars that my roommate made for the occasion. The apartment has smelled like buttery, chocolatey goodness since Kendall pulled these out of the oven, and I cannot wait to eat one.
The Magic Cooke Bar recipe comes on every can of Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk, but I’ll post it here anyway. We always skip the nuts because my fiance is allergic.
Magic Cookie Bars from Eagle Brand
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees for glass dish). Coat 13×9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with a fork.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature.