This morning, my regular breakfast of a green smoothie and coffee did not sound appetizing (don’t worry, it wasn’t the coffee that didn’t sound appetizing). I wanted something heartier, something I could chew on. I remembered the grilled banana sandwich I saw over at Healthy Tipping Point, and decided that I needed grilled bananas in my life. While the grilled banana sandwich looks delicious, and is absolutely something I will try in the future, I decided I also needed peanut butter in my life.
So, I made peanut butter toast with grilled banana. The grilled banana was muuuch sweeter than I expected it to be, so I’m glad I didn’t add any sugar. This was a filling, fun version of a peanut butter and banana sandwich.
In other news, the fiance just purchased a home brewing kit. I’m looking forward to its arrival and learning how to brew beer. I’ll certainly be posting about our results.
Peanut Butter Toast with Grilled Banana
- 1-2 slices honey oat bread
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (I prefer Smucker’s natural creamy peanut butter)
- 1 banana
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Cooking spray
- Slice banana in half, then slice each half in half down the middle, so that there is a flat side for grilling
- Spray a pan or griddle with cooking spray and fry banana on each side – I probably cooked it for 3-4 minutes on each side
- Before flipping banana, sprinkle with cinnamon
- Toast bread, then add peanut butter and top with grilled bananas