This is slightly adapted from the Mennonite cookbook, More-With-Less.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 diced potatoes, diced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash each ginger, cinnamon, turmeric
- 2 cups frozen peas or green beans
- Brown and drain beef
- Sauté onions and garlic in butter
- Add ground beef and the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked.