- 6 sweet potatoes, even in size and scrubbed
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place sweet potatoes on sheet tray and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until soft. Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Split potatoes and remove the flesh to a medium sized bowl, reserving skins. In another bowl, add brown sugar, butter and cream cheese and the all of the spices and mash with a fork or rubber spatula.
- Add the butter and cream cheese mixture to the sweet potato flesh and fold in completely. Add the filling back to the potato skins and place on a half sheet tray. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes at or until golden brown.
Original recipe from the Food Network.