- 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed gingersnap cookies and butter. Press into the bottom, and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla just until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture. Blend 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice into the remaining mixture.
- Spread the pumpkin flavored batter into the crust, and drop the plain batter by spoonfuls onto the top. Swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake 70 minutes in the preheated oven, or until filling is set. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool before removing pan rim. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.*
*To prevent the cheesecake from cracking, I put a pan of water on the rack under the cheesecake. When the cheesecake was done, I turned off the oven and cracked the door and let it cool in the oven for the next 2 hours before removing it to the refrigerator.
Adapted from an allrecipes.com recipe.