I’ve been wanting to make banana bread for a while now. Today was a good day, since everyone in the house seems to be in a funk and it’s a rainy day. I found this recipe, but halved the recipe and used a smaller pan because I didn’t have enough bananas.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas
- Cinnamon (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.