Mashed potatoes are one of my all time favorite foods, so when asked to make a dish for an Easter potluck I jumped at the chance to make a new recipe of mashed potatoes. I used this recipe as a base, but deviated slightly. I didn’t measure anything, but I’ll use rough estimates.
- 5 pounds of potatoes (though I used more, probably closer to 6-7 lb)
- 2 sticks of butter
- about a cup of milk (though you can use more or less, depending on what consistency you like for your potatoes)
- about 2 tablespoons of dried rosemary
- 2 whole roasted garlic bulbs (learn how to roast garlic here)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Remove garlic from bulbs and crush (I used the hand mixer to puree it)
- Peel and sliced potatoes. Put potatoes in a pot, cover with water, then bring to a boil.
- Once potatoes are cooked, drain.
- Add potatoes to large bowl with pureed garlic; mix all other ingredients until potatoes are at desired consistency.