- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- To prepare crust, in a medium bowl, mix together chocolate crumbs and melted butter until well blended. Press into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- To prepare filling, in a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, and eggs at medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Spoon half of cream cheese mixture into crust.
- Stir chocolate into remaining cream cheese mixture until well belnded. Drizzle over batter in crust to make swirls.
- Bake cheesecake for 50 minutes. Cool completely, then chill. Remove side of pan.
- To prepare frosting, mix together chocolate and sour cream. Spread over cheesecake. Chill until frosting is set.
I made this over the weekend with Sam. I used chocolate graham crackers instead of chocolate wafers. It might have been due to the oven, but I ended up baking it for almost 70 minutes instead of 50.