- 4 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- Mound sliced apples in the pie plate. Sprinkle with orange juice.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Scatter over the apples.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Serve warm.