- 8 ounces ziti pasta — uncooked
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces salsa
- 3/4 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 11 ounces canned corn — drained
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles — drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lowfat Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, using the shorter amount of cooking time given. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking pan or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine tomato sauce and salsa in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese with half of the mozzarella cheese. Stir in half the sauce, along with the corn, chiles, oregano, and pepper. Add the cooked ziti and mix well. Spoon into prepared casserole.
- Spread remaining sauce over top of casserole, then sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and then Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake 15 more minutes.
Recipe found here.